- DURATION 1 hr
Join our Beijing tour guide, Lili Zeng, for a 60-minute vivid look at Beijing’s thousands of years of history, especially how Beijinger celebrates the New Year Festival. As “The Heart of China”, Beijing combines a wealth of ancient and modern features and has served as the capital for over 800 years long. It is rich not only in the sights and sounds but culture and character. Today, we are going to show you the most popular sites in Beijing with New Year Festival elements. Along with a local expert’s introduction, you will know Beijing very well within the one-hour presentation.
You will see:
- Beijing Hutongs – Beijing has more than 1000 Hutongs. Hutong is the narrow street connecting the different kinds of courtyards in the city. That’s a great place to experience the city’s different neighborhoods.
- Beijing Forbidden City –The Former Imperial Palace of China for over 600 years.
- Beijing Local House - Let’s peer into the local life’s life through the Hutong courtyard-Siheyuan. It is so unique to surprise you.
- Beijing Food – Beijing Duck. A must-try when you visit Beijing.
- Other Hidden Surprised Experiences – Beijing has much more to offer! Let’s keep it as a surprise for you till the show starts.
- Duration: 1 hr
- Online Zoom event: Join from your computer, phone or tablet (no replay available)
Meet the Host, Lili Zeng
My name is Lili Zeng and I am a qualified licensed English-speaking tour guide in Beijing with Jenny’s China Tours. I have been working as a guide for more than 10 years. Each time I meet my travelers, I still have a feeling as if this is my first tour. I know Beijing very well and my home is located at the heart of Beijing in a Hutong courtyard. I hope soon I can invite you to visit my house. See you online first then hopefully in Beijing. :)
With Lili as your guide, you’ll get a first-hand understanding of Beijing’s uniqueness of its past, its rise to the present, and its untethered potential, during this distinguished New Year Festival time.
Preparing for the Event
For the best experience, you will need to have Zoom downloaded onto your computer. Please ensure you're connected to broadband/wifi rather than using your mobile phone connection (3G/4G).
We also recommend that pets are either calmly sitting on your lap or in another room, and any refreshments you may require are within your reach!
What if I can’t make the event?
If a recording’s available for the event, you can still register for it and we will send you an email with a link to a recording shortly after it ends.
Will my camera be on and will I be visible to the other people?
Your camera and microphone does not need to be on for you to enjoy the event. The choice about whether to do this is completely yours.
How do I watch the live event?
Rest Less events are hosted on Zoom, a computer application that allows you to attend online events just by clicking a link. For detailed instructions, please go to our "FAQ" page, which you can find a link to in the nav bar at the top of the page.
How do I sign-up for and access the recording? (Recorded events only)
Book the event as normal (as if you are attending live). After the event ends you will automatically receive a post-event email with a link to the recording, as long as the event was recorded. You do not need to do anything else and there is no separate booking process for recordings only. Please note it can take up to 24 hours for Zoom to process recordings.