- CAN I WATCH LATER? Yes! Sign-up and we'll email you a recording
Join Caitlin Heslop, London based artist and founder of Barely Drawing, for a seasonal delights course, where you will explore the theme of capturing the festive season within drawing. Caitlin will lead you through a 3 week course, consisting of still life drawings, a focus on light, and capturing the home ‘dressed up’ for Christmas.
The classes are suitable for all abilities, and each class will work as a stand-alone session, or you can attend all three to see your work develop over the month of December!
- Paper (I suggest cartridge paper)
- Pencil (I suggest HB or 2B)
- Selection of objects that feel connected to the Christmas/winter season (i.e. christmas decorations, nativity figurines, oranges, holly and berries etc.)
- For week 2 you need to have access to a light, preferably this would be Christmas lights, but this is possible to do with a table lamp or candle. For week 3 please set yourself up with an interesting view in your home.
- Watercolours and watercolour paper (optional)
Week 1: Seasonal still life
Week 2: Seasonal lighting
Week 3: A home in season
- Duration: 60 mins x 3
- Online Zoom event: Join from your computer, phone or tablet (a recording will be available)
Meet the Host, Caitlin
Caitlin Heslop is a London based artist working predominantly in pencil, pastel and oil paint. Caitlin loves drawing from nature and from memory, this dualistic way of working brings a dreamlike quality to her work. Caitlin set up Barely Drawing in 2016, a drawing collective aimed at gathering individuals together both in person and online to cultivate creativity within community.
Preparing for the Event
For the best experience, you will need to have Zoom downloaded onto your computer. Please ensure you're connected to broadband/wifi rather than using your mobile phone connection (3G/4G).
We also recommend that pets are either calmly sitting on your lap or in another room, and any refreshments you may require are within your reach!
What if I can’t make the event?
If a recording’s available for the event, you can still register for it and we will send you an email with a link to a recording shortly after it ends.
Will my camera be on and will I be visible to the other people?
Your camera and microphone does not need to be on for you to enjoy the event. The choice about whether to do this is completely yours.
How do I watch the live event?
Rest Less events are hosted on Zoom, a computer application that allows you to attend online events just by clicking a link. For detailed instructions, please go to our "FAQ" page, which you can find a link to in the nav bar at the top of the page.
How do I sign-up for and access the recording? (Recorded events only)
Book the event as normal (as if you are attending live). After the event ends you will automatically receive a post-event email with a link to the recording, as long as the event was recorded. You do not need to do anything else and there is no separate booking process for recordings only. Please note it can take up to 24 hours for Zoom to process recordings.